Tuesday 1 August 2017

August #RPGaDay 2017 - Day 1


#RPGaDay has been going on for four years now. For some reason this year I feel compelled to take part. This project was started by RPG Brigade and is a set of 31 blogging/posting/tweeting prompts for the month of August. You can see all of the prompts here at the top of the page.

I'm going to try to put up a post a day but I expect there may be a few days I miss and in that case I will combine the posts into one.

What published RPG do you wish you were playing right now?


The game I wish I was playing right now is TSR's High Adventure Cliffhangers Buck Rogers Adventure Game. 

This near unknown RPG was released in 1993 and was based on the original Buck Rogers comic books from the late 1920s and early 1930s. This isn't the Buck that most of us alive today grew up with. This is a very low tech and to be honest quite racist Buck Rogers. Here we find jumping belts, bi-planes, and Han dirigibles instead of ray guns and rocket ships (okay technically there are rocket planes, but they never go into space). 


Back in March I wrote up a series of google plus posts about this very cool boxed set. I did an unboxing and full detailed review. The problem with that review is that it was a read-only review. I never got a chance to actually play the game. While the rules sounded interesting and like they worked I never got to try them out at the table. That is the main thing that makes me really want to play this right now. I want to know how well this classic plays at the table.

What I found during that review was a very solid sounding rules light system that seems perfect for the pulp nature of the setting. Quite a bit of it seems before it's time while mixed with charts tables and crunch you would expect from the early 90s.



No comments:

Post a Comment